Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Thursday, June 22, 2006

the end of the road...

Well it has taken almost a week to actually sit down and write my final blog about my adventures in Japan. This week has been pretty cool. I mostly did a lot of shopping around and visiting different areas of Tokyo. It reminds me of Manhattan because it is mostly a downtown area that is split up into different neighborhoods. Each little area has it's own unique touches.

Here are some of the places that I have gone to. This is a picture of Harajuku and some of the shops that are there. As I mentioned in my previous blog, it's a very trendy place. This is one of the odder stores that they have. But believe it or not, I have seen a ton of young Japanese girls in the maid outfit on the right side. Here is a reminder of home. This Nathan's stand is right by Harajuku. For those of you who don't know, Nathan's is the famous hotdog restaurant at Coney Island where they do the hotdog eating contest every 4th of July.

This is a picture of Simon O'Neill and myself with one of the french maid girls. She was also dressed like a cat, with ears and a tail. She was handing out ads for something. This was in the area called Akihabara which is also know as "Electric City." This place is Amazing! It is a techno-geek's dreamland. One store in Akihabara called Yadobashi is like a Best Buy on steroids. It has 9 floors and each floor is huge. They had pretty much every kind of electronical thing that you could think of, and some I had never even seen before.

I would say one of my most exciting nights was last night. I went to the final performance of Walkure and heard Domingo, Voigt, and Pape, sing live for the first time. It was pretty over-whelming. They are amazing. Domingo sounds like he is 45 years old. His performance all around, including his acting, was top notch. And to hear Debbie Voigt live, Wow is all I can say.

Here are some pictures with Debbie Voigt and Domingo backstage during the performance. They both are lovely people. I love the picture of Debbie and I, look how skinny I look. :-) Here are also some videos that I shot during the performance. On the one with Debbie and Domingo, the voice you hear is Simon O'Neill who is Domingo's cover.

Well this may be my last blog unless I decide to do one when I get home. I think I will most likely update my blog every once and a while just to let you all who care know what is going on with me. I hope you enjoyed my ramblings about Japan.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my gift?

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad your tour went well. What an experience! Shoot me an email when you get a chance!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Good stuff, Thanks much!
- www.blogger.com t
phentermine

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home