Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nice is Nice

So I am starting up my blog again. But now I am writing from Nice, France. I will be performing the role of Rambaldo in Opera d'Nice production of La Rondine. I have been here for a week and have not had a chance to do any sightseeing.

On our first day of rehearsal I found out that there is an alternate 3rd act that was written in 1920/21. In the original score, I am not even in the 3rd act. But much to my surprise, during our musical rehearsal, I discovered I have a whole scene in the 3rd act. No one informed me which version we were doing before I got here. In fact, in the score I purchased in the US, there isn't even an indication that there is an alternate 3rd act. So needless to say, I have been craming all week to learn and memorize it.

A few other issues I have run into. I tried to learn some French before I came to this country, I was using the Rosetta Stone method. So far I have been able to use 1 phrase that I learned. Un garcon sous la table. Which means the boy is under the table, I actually was able to use it when I saw a kid playing under a table at a cafe. It's a good thing that I didn't invest too much in learning French because of of my rehearsals are in Italian. The majority of the cast including the Maestro and Director are all Italian and speak Italian the entire time. I can keep up most of the time until we are in social situations were they are using slang and speaking FAST. Oh well, it's really great for my languages though, full immersion.

So not much more to write right now, I will add more when I have time and have taking pictures. Nice is beautiful though, I now understand why so many artists have come here.

a domani....or longer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home