Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My legs and ass are killing me.....

This morning I was awoken by a marching band going down my street. I have no idea where they came from or where they were going. I think they came out of the cathedral that is just down the block from me, but I'm not sure. What an alarm clock though.

So the reason for my title is because I rented a bike today and rode around for 2 1/2 hours. I road through town and got lost but its pretty easy to figure out where to go. I just headed toward the water and was able to get my bearings again. There is no real grid system so the streets go in all different directions. I also road down the Promenade de Anglais which is an 8 Kilometer stretch of pedestrian and bike path that goes along the water front. It was a little chilly today and the sun only peaked out of the clouds every once and a while. At the end of the promenade there were a munch of men fishing off from some rocks.


I also road up to the top of Colline du Chateau which is where a Castle was that ruled over the old town Nice before it was dismantled in 1706. In the pictures of the fisherman it is all the way across the bay and up on the hill. Here are some pictures from there.


The picture of the boats in the bay is on the other side of the hill from Old Nice. And I love this panorama shot that I was able to get from the top of the hill.

It's cold and I am sitting outside at a cafe, so I am going to cut it short.

Till later........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home