Name:
Location: Minneapolis, MN

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Modern Food and Delicious Art

I went to the Musee d'Art moderne et d'Art conteporain yesterday. It was pretty interesting, here are a few shots from there:

This next shot is a sculpture that is in the garden in front of the museum. As you can see, it's pretty big.
This dress is made completely out of plastic bottles.
Some fun self portraits.


On my way to the museum I wondered through Old Town where I live and ran across the fish market.


I also stopped by a popular restaurant that has Socca which is like a giant pancake that is made from chickpeas or garbanzo beans and olive oil. It is a Nice specialty. The line for Socca at this place wrapped all the way around the corner.


This is a case of different delectables that they had on the other side of the restaurant. There are a lot of different and odd looking things including sardines which are very popular in Nice.


So of course I had to try it. I was a little leery on exactly how to eat them. Basically they were pretty much whole sardines that had been battered and cooked. I knew that I would run into bones so I wasn't sure what to do until a guy sat down next to me and started eating them whole, tail and all. So I dove in.
As you can see, I did run into bones and I wasn't to keen on eating the tails but I tried one, it was ok, a little crunchy. Almost a clean plate, my mom would be proud.

Here is another interesting thing I ran into and that I see at a lot of the butcher shops. It is a pig that is stuffed and then they slice it off like deli meat. I'm not sure exactly what they do with it though. Make tasty sandwiches? The first is a shot from the front.


And then from the back.Speaking of tasty sandwiches, these are pannini. There are a ton of little places that have these cases out front with all kinds of pannini. Some of my favorite is mozzarella, prosciutto, basil, and tomato. And then they grill them of course. Nice Nice fast food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home